twitter,

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Save Your Money, Save Your Family

TomatoImage via Wikipedia

HI everyone,

It has been a few days since my last post, I am in the final stages of editing my first book.

The book cover has been designed, My Publishing Company NorLightsPress.com, they are working diligently to finish the copy editing. Once the editing is done then off to the printing press. I can hardly wait. This book comes to you from the deepest part of my heart.

My name is Toni House I was born and raised in the Southern United States, transferd to and continue to live in Northern Arizona for more than 22 years.

With the weather, the beauty and the people of Northern Arizona there is no place better.
But, to my story.

As a child my family and I lived (well as society dictates in poverty)and at a time in my childhood we were homeless, but with Gods help we always seemed to manage.

I learned very early in life to work hard, pay your way, love God, love your family ( no matter how much you hated them at moments) help and love your neighbor.

As I grew up I realized more and more that we were not like most of our classmates, we did not have many of the nicer things they had, but we did have love and happiness they did not seem to have.

I learned to not throw things away, that you always took care of what you had and you took care of others belongings better than you took care of your own.

I learned what gardening and what eating healthy was about, it was not just about food grown in your own garden, but about the process of growing your own vegetables, the tilling the dirt, mixing compost (they we made ourselves from potato peelings, weeds, tree branches etc) in the dirt. Making rows for each vegetable being planted.

The planting, praying it would rain at the right time so we would not have to water it by hand, to harvesting the vegetables to freezing and canning it to eat the rest of the year.

I learned alot about life in those very meek days. I was the oldest of 6 kids, the 3 of us and my step dad with 3, and with both parents working I become parent number 3.

It was my responsibility at the age of 10 to make breakfast(mostly oatmeal, pancakes and sometime eggs if we had them)to get everyone dressed and to the school bus, and I did everything else that a normal household has to do.

Fast forward to college, I was the first in my family to go to college, by way of working and paying for it myself(as so many of us have and continue to do)
to being successful in my own businesses and helping many others to become successful.

Until 2007 when our world changed, we all are suffering, we all are fearful, we all are worried about today, tomorrow and our future, the future of our country but mostly the future of our children.

So is the reason for me writing my book Save Your Money, Save Your Family
it truly does come from the deepest part of my heart, It goes back to my beginnings to love each other and to appreciate what you have.

Look for it in bookstores soon. Save Your Money,Save Your Family



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment