book Save Your Money, Save Your Family is now available
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups rolled oats quick cooking
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat together peanut butter, honey, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla blend well.
3. Mix oats, sugar and salt together and mix well.
4. Add oat mixture to peanut butter mixture mix until batter becomes sticky.
5. Stir in chocolate chips (optional)
6. Press into a 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray. Use a piece of wax paper to press mixture into an even layer in the pan
7. Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool completely and slice into bars. Makes 18.